INTERNAL COMPLIANT COMMITTE
ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT COMMITTEE
ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY GUIDELINES:
As per the guidelines of the UGC and the Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell (ASHC), also called as Internal Complaint Committee (ICC), has been established by Mayang Anchalik College on 12th June’2016 to provide a healthy and favourable atmosphere to the Staff and students of the college. The cell has a guidelines and norms to advocate zero tolerance towards sexual harassment. The College has entrusted the task of developing principles and procedures to prevent sexual harassment to this cell. The Cell develops measures for achieving gender equality, removal of gender discrimination, sexual harassment and other acts of gender–based violence in the college by organizing different awareness programmes and campaigns etc. the detail guideline of the Cell has been given below:
Composition of Anti- Sexual Harassment Cell/ Internal Complaint Committee:
- The Committee shall be headed by the Principal of the college who shall be designated as the “President’’.
- The Cell shall have three senior women faculty of the college, one senior male faculty of the college, and nominated girl student representatives.
- The Committee shall include the IQAC Co-ordinator as a member of the Cell.
- The committee shall include parents of female students of the college.
The objectives of the committee are:
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women,
- To ensure a harassment-free environment in the institution.
- To address any harassment complaint.
- To ensure overall wellbeing of students and staff of the college.
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programmes.
- To organize gender related legal awareness programmes.
POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
1.The Committee shall have the power to summon witnesses and call for documents or any information from any employee/student.
2.The Committee shall have the power to recommend the action to be taken against any person found guilty of sexually harassing, retaliating against/victimizing and making false charges of sexual harassment against the accused person.
FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMITTEE:
1.To ensure that the mechanism for registering complaints is safe, accessible and sensitive.
2.To take cognizance of complaints about sexual harassment, conduct enquires, provide assistance and redressal to the victims, recommend penalties and take action against the harasser, if necessary.
3. To advise the competent authority to issue warnings or take the help of the law to stop the harasser, if the complainant consents.
4. To seek medical, police and legal intervention with the consent of the complainant.
5. To make arrangements for appropriate psychological, emotional and physical support to the victim if so desires.
|INTERNAL COMPLIANT COMMITTEE (ICC):|
|Chairman / Co-ordinator:||Dr. Mahananda Borah, Principal|
|In-charge:||Dr. Bristi Kalita|
|Member:||Dr. Utpal Saikia
Dr. Minakshi Tamuli
Mrs. Kabita Medhi
Dr. Ranjan Timsina
Mrs. Leena Kumari Borah
Mrs. Charuprava Chaliha